Tuesday, May 3, 2011

School's DONE!

So.  I have been so busy these past 2 weeks that I have completely forgotten about blogging!  There has been a lot of driving back and forth between Boone and Durham (for Easter, after the zoo, stuff like that).  I am happy to say that I am in Durham for good!  Well, for the next 2 days, anyways.  On Friday I will fly out to San Jose to be a nanny for this family (a friend of a friend).  I am very excited, because it will be my first time seeing the west coast, and what better way to see a new place than to live there?  I will be in CA for a month, and I'll fly back early June.

Today I turned in my last paper, and I took my last exam.  I am done with school for the foreseeable future.  It is a little scary, because I've never not been in school before, but I in no way regret my decision to take some time off.  I will miss App State, because I really did like that school!  It's my favorite of the 3 that I've been to.  But, my therapist has taught me that it doesn't really matter which school you go to...as long as you are happy on the inside and feel complete with your personal self, the school that you're at doesn't matter.  So, I know that I'll find my way to a school again someday, when I have a better idea of what direction will be the best fit for me.  I think that finishing my degree is important, but for right now, discovering the things that I enjoy and the things that I am interested in is more important.  How can I make a decision about my career if I don't even know what I like?  I can't. Bingo.

For those of you who don't know, Jacob and I are officially engaged.  Even though we were already planning on getting married this summer, he proposed via hangman puzzle.  I thought it was very original and I loved it.  He still wants to get down on one knee at some point the next time we meet, but I count the hangman puzzle as legitimate.  My ring is the same ring that I've had for almost a year (he gave it to me last summer as a promise ring, because he thought that I'd say no if he proposed!) but I have had it sized down to fit better, and it was dipped in a metal to keep it from tarnishing...it's beautiful!  It looks like new.  Here's a picture of it:


We are getting married on May 20th, during his graduation weekend.  I am going to start looking for apartments soon for us, because he'd like me to move out there as soon as possible.  Yay!

So, even though right now my life currently has no direction, in 3 weeks I will become Mrs. Gray, and I will reach the pinnacle of: HOUSEWIFE!  With health insurance, a home, and a loving husband.  My job will become helping him with everything that he needs so that he can continue to provide for us.  I'll help him study his butt off so that he can become fluent in a foreign language, and we can go live in Alaska or something (actually a legitimate possibility).

I might try and get situated in California before posting again, so for now, adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment