Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sewing Machine!

February was a pretty terrible month, all around.  However, March has been pretty good, and April is going to be awesome!  My birthday is in the beginning of April, and as my birthday present, I asked for a sewing machine.  It got here on Monday!  It's so pretty!  I researched a lot of machines, and this particular one had over 1,000 positive reviews on Amazon, which I think is pretty dern good!

A picture of my new machine:

It is sitting on my new sewing table!  It's actually a dining table that I picked up from IKEA over the weekend.  Usually, when it comes to putting anything together, I immediately give Jake that task.  BUT, my Mom is super handy around the house, and I thought that it was about time that I started to learn how to do stuff!  I built the entire table ALL BY MYSELF!  By built, I mean assembled, because it came from IKEA...they basically build it for you.  I did use a drill for the first time!  Jake did help a tiny bit, but not too much, and it was nothing I couldn't have done by myself ;).

picture of the table:



My table!  It has 6 drawers, 3 on each side.  Each wing of the table can also fold down, so it can become super tiny (in true IKEA fashion!)  I ended up moving it out of the corner, so that I can sit behind the table and face my beautiful bookshelf that's so beautifully organized! I think that's better than staring at the wall.

My new pincushion:


Some fabric I picked out:



I am going to make some valances for above the front door, and maybe some kitchen curtains or something. I just love how cheery it is!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the sewing machine acquisition and even bigger congratulations on deciding to assemble the table yourself! It feels good to be self-reliant, don't you think? You'll get much pleasure from creating some of the things you choose to make your home more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete