Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring!

Today is the first day of Spring...and it is cold and rainy.  Yay!

February was a pretty bad month for a multitude of reasons.  First, I had Mesenteric Adentitis, then I learned that my wonderful grandmother had died (I'll do a separate post on that later), then I had a Barthalan Cyst, and during February I had to get my blood drawn twice, had to get a shot in my ass, and was on Antibiotics for a week (they made me feel so sick - it was horrible).

I am SO glad that February is over!  March has been a pretty darn good month.  I finally got back into walking the dog almost every day (weather permitting), and it's nice to be active again.  Also, I started cooking dinner every night again!  There was a period after the holidays where just the thought of cooking was exhausting.  I am glad that that period is over, because I really do love to cook.  Tonight for dinner we're having a lighter Shepherd's Pie, and I'm really excited to try a new recipe.

The past 3 days in a row, I have made the bed.  I also cleaned all the toilets in the house, vacuumed everywhere, cleaned the bedroom, washed and folded countless loads of laundry, and I've cleaned the cats' litterbox every night.  I'm really not a good cleaner, so this is a huge improvement!  Today I'm finishing up the kitchen (but that's a different story, because the dang room gets messy every day!).  I've had Celtic music playing, and it's just so lively and lovely, and it's really inspiring to me, for some reason.  I really, really love it.  Here's hoping I can keep up this housework and continue being a productive human being!

Also, I'm looking at potential schools for Dental Hygiene for after we move.  I know I change ideas about what I want to be like I change clothes, but this one feels like a great fit, and I'm really excited about it!

Edit: Yesterday I had my blood drawn again, and I did amazingly well.  Jake said I didn't even flinch!  It feels so good to have gotten over something that previously gave me such worry and stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment