Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I LOVE PRESENTS

Merry Christmas!

Our Christmas is about halfway through, and it's been a great day.  We had a nice Christmas breakfast, opened presents, lounged, played with the dog, lounged some more...and that's about where we're at!  We're going to go see Les Mis later this afternoon (which I am extremely excited about!).  Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year, and it's probably because of all the presents.  As a Non-Christian, non-believer, Christmas doesn't hold the same meaning for me (and my little family, as my husband is a non-believer as well).  To me, it's not really about Jesus, it's more about family, food, and just sharing in the moments.  It's about the presents.  But, it's not just that I'm greedy for goodies - don't get it wrong!  The allure of the presents for me is the thought that went into the gift.  I'm not going to lie, I got some great presents today.  The best part about this is that my family members really put thought into what I would like, and took time out of their day to get it for me, wrap it up, and send it across the country (well, Jake just had to wrap it and bring it downstairs).  It makes me feel so special and happy inside to know that not only do they know me so well that they managed to find the perfect gifts, but that even though I'm 3,000 miles away from some of them...I can still sense their presence during this special day.    That feels good.


Merry Christmas everyone!  And a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment