Wednesday, January 4, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I myself have never been much of a New Years fan.  It always seems like a let down, and I never really get into the New Year resolution spirit.  HOWEVER this year was fantastic!  We went out with our best friends to this Japanese steakhouse where they cook the food in front of you..so much fun!  Then we went to our friend's house and played kinect games and apples to apples until about 3 in the morning! Also, this is the first year that I have actually made a resolution that I plan to stick to.  My goal for 2012 is to be a healthier, more productive person.  I would like my house to stay cleaner, I would like to lose 20 pounds by the end of the year, and I'd like to eat more vegetables!  I made myself a handy little star chart (we actually bought it several months ago, just stopped going through with it) - it has things like wake up before 9, eat 2 servings of fruit, vegetables, laundry, cook dinner, tidy up, etc! Also, I have my eye on this food processor (it's fantastic, even has a setting for pie dough!) - it costs about 180 dollars.  20 stars equals 10 dollars (I get a star for each task)..and I figure that I'll probably average about 20 stars a week. So, in about 18 weeks I should have earned my food processor :).  Next week I'll be starting my zumba/yoga routine during the day.  I'm pretty excited about what this year has to offer!  In about 2 weeks I'll be doing my doula workshop, and I've been doing my reading for that as well!  I'll be getting certified this year, and it is going to be great!  Sorry that this post has been kind of scattered, it's been a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment