Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hot Tea!

I'm pretty sure that my insides contain a tiny old woman.  She's my core.  Some of the things I enjoy most are stitching, drinking tea, and gossiping with my friends.  At our last base I had a lovely group of friends and we would powwow every other week at a 'stitch and bitch'. Sadly, we're spread out across the country, but I think of them often when I drink tea.

This past end of summer/fall I started experiencing deep anxiety and it seemed to be linked to caffeine.  Yes my friends, caffeine! For any of you who've tried to live without caffeine, you know it kind of stinks.  Not only did it mean giving up coffee, I had to give up black tea as well. Super sad face!  Yes, there's decaffeinated, but it's just not the same!

Fast forward 5 months.  I started reading about the benefits of drinking green tea.  There are a ton.  And although green tea does contain caffeine, it also contains something that mellows you out and makes you feel calm.  I thought I'd give it a try.

It turns out that green tea is totally delicious! I have no anxiety after drinking it, I get the benefits of a butt ton of antioxidants, and I get my tea drinking ritual back. 

Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment