Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sleep

Well, I had another birth this past Sunday early morning!  I worked from about 4:30 Sat. afternoon to about 4:30 Sunday morning...and it was exhausting.  I slept until about noon, then got up and made a delicious birthday dinner for my man!  After moving around it wasn't so bad, but waking up Monday morning...I was a dead woman.  I think the first week after working a birth is the hardest.  I have zero motivation and basically nothing gets done.  The house is a wreck, the laundry's piling up, and I've got errands to run (which I actually did today - yay me).  I know that I'll get to these things eventually, but there's nothing like some major sleep loss or a disruption in your sleep schedule to make you feel like a lousy housewife.  This situation is not helped by our old, worn out mattress.  I came to the realization that we really need a new mattress a while ago (our whole bed used to be my Grandfather's before he died 2.5 years ago, and I have no idea how long he had it before that) but I didn't realize HOW badly until I went into the Mattress Discounters today.  I laid on 3 mattresses...none of them had sinkholes in the middle.  I would actually be able to sleep without rolling into Jake!  I'm super neurotic, so I hate touching anyone when I'm trying to fall asleep and I think that if there wasn't a giant dip in the middle of the bed, I'd fall asleep a lot easier.  We also have sore backs all the time, and I think your mattress generally has something to do with that.

I really don't want to have to buy a new bed. But, it is so prevalent in my brain right now!  I can't stop thinking about it!  I want (and need) good sleep.

Is this being an adult?! Mattress shopping has never been something I've been interested in before...but heck, sleep is important!

No comments:

Post a Comment