Sunday, September 4, 2011

Time Flies!

Wow, it's already September, can you believe it?!  This year has flown by!  It's hard to believe that I started this year out in Boone, and now I'm in California.  I can honestly say that I know I made the right choice moving out here (and marrying Jake).  There is no place that I'd rather be than here with him!  He has hardly any free time out here, so trying to sustain our relationship from the other side of the country would have been almost impossible.
There's not much to report out here...I want to find a job, but it's very hard for military spouses to find work out here.  No one wants to hire someone who will be moving in the next year (even if it is an entire year until we move).  I did apply to a shop called Mrs. Delish's Cupcakes, and they called me back!  I wasn't here to pick up the call, but I called them back, and I havn't heard back since.  I really hope they call me....again.  I would love working in a cupcake shop.  If they don't call me back by the end of this week, I'll go and get a bunch of job applications from the Del Monte Center (sort of like a mall, here).  The last time we were there I saw a bunch of places were hiring, so hopefully I can find something.  We do need a little extra money, but I also just want something to do.  I get tired of doing housework, it's boring!
I never introduced our other cat, Lily.  We weren't sure if we were going to keep her, which is why I never did.  When we first got her, about a month and a half ago, she was pretty horrible.  She was mean, we couldn't touch her, she growled, hissed, and made demon noises!  Over time, she has loosened up.  She doesn't bite as much, or scratch us as much anymore.  She's even a lap cat now!  She loves laying in your lap...for as long as you let her!  Even when she no longer wants you to pet her, she still wants to sit in your lap!  She also plays fetch like a dog!  We have this small plastic bracelets that she does it with, it's pretty cute.  Here's a picture of her:


You can't really tell from the picture, but she's really fat!  She has lost some weight since being here, which I'm proud of.

This coming spring semester, I plan on going to the local community college and hopefully finishing my Associate's Degree.  Last I checked, I was only a few classes away from finishing, so I hope it doesn't take long.  Because I'm a military dependent, it should hopefully only cost me about 50 bucks!  Thanks Jake!  I want to finish my Associate's, because I still don't have a clue about what I want to do for a Bachelor's, but if I take too much time away without finishing any sort of degree, I'll probably have to take all those classes over again, which I really don't want to do!  Also, because....dun dun dun....I want to have a baby!
After Jake finishes all of his training, we are planning on having a baby.  I'd like to have one now, but it's better to wait for more stability.  Anyways, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment