Saturday, November 24, 2012

It's the Holiday Season!

(and Santa Clause, is comin' down!).

Thanksgiving is past..it was so much fun! My Dad lives close enough that he and his girlfriend were able to drive down and join us for the day.  We feasted!  I made everything from scratch (except the rolls!) and it was by far my best food yet.  My turkey was small this year, and it was so easy to cook!  And, it cooked perfectly!

It had the best color! I called it my 'Magazine Turkey' :). I guess if I had tied everything down then it definitely would have looked like it belonged in a magazine!  I also made gravy for the first time...and even though there was only a little bit (probably the worst part about a small bird) OH MY GOD it was amazing!!  My cooking skills have really increased since I've gotten married.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it is truly the holiday season!  Next weekend we're getting our tree, and I've already been listening to Christmas music.  I love this time of year!  Too bad it isn't cold.  Then it would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment