Friday, July 13, 2012

Update

Wow, it's been a while!  Things have been pretty crazy in the past month.  We moved onto base housing in the beginning of June, and it's been a bit of an adjustment.  We're about 20 minutes further away from base than we used to be...but we have a house now!  Our house is humongous...I'm going to say probably 2.5 times as big as our apartment was!  Oh my gosh, it's amazing what having space can do for your relationship!  We are not nearly as snarky to each other, and we've hardly fought at all since moving in.  We were so on top of each other in our apartment, and now whenever there's any irritation, it's easy to just go into a separate room and just cool off!  Here's a picture of our house:

Also, Archer is really big now, or so I hear.  He always looks small to me!  We got him neutered a few weeks ago, and those were a hard couple of weeks!  Try having a 70 pound cooped up baby.  He acts just like a toddler...but he's a lot bigger.  I'm really glad that we can go back to walking every day and playing at the dog park.  He's much better behaved when he's tired.  He really enjoys the house.  We have almost no furniture, so there's lots of empty space for him to run around in.

It's July here, and while the weather should be hot and sunny...it's not.  It has been cold, foggy, and dreary ever since the beginning of July.  I would figuratively kill someone for a week of gorgeous hot, sunny weather!

I had my first birth, as a doula!  It was really really amazing, but in some ways I feel like I'm still recovering.  My sleep schedule is still off, from being up for 30 some straight hours, but mainly it was just such an experience to watch someone labor, and I feel like it was a little life changing?  I didn't actually get to see her deliver, because she needed a c-section last minute, but we got all the way dilated together.  It was definitely an experience.

Also, I am working on a new business venture!  I am now a coach and a member of Team Beachbody! It got started because I was interested in one of the fitness programs, and my fabulous coach Lisa let me know that because we're military, I can be a coach for free.  SO that's how that got started.  I've gotten the Brazil Butt Lift program (there's an awesome trial during the month of July to try it for 14.95 for 30 days, if you get the results you were looking for, you buy the program, if not, you send it back!).  I'm starting a challenge on August 1st, and I'm trying to get 5 other people to do it with me...so if anybody actually reads this blog and knows someone who would like to get healthy and lose weight, send them my way! my website for beachbody is this: Robin's Beachbody Website!

I want to take my blog in a little bit of a different direction...like an actual blog about my thoughts and such, instead of just life updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment